Thursday, August 23, 2012

Some modification to my setup

I stole some time today to clean my Aquaponics setup and did some modifications.

I have been struggling with algae problem for quite a while, clogging up my filter and have costed me many many almost grown Tilapias. I finally had the time today to add some sun shield to the fish tank cover to minimize sunlight and hopefully algae too.

I have also replaced my big filter with a small aquarium filter placed strategically to the front for easy disassembly and cleaning. If this works, I have some space for a second growbed.

I found a place that sells the clay pallets in bulk but the price is still a little steep for a big sack that looks like a 20 kg sack. That is going to be coming from next month's budget :)

As always, enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...